Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Last night's projects

Last night I simply worked on little odds and ends. Mostly involving patching things up.

I cut off a whole ugly pile of 5200 from around the rudderpost at the deck. For all the goop that was there, it wasn't sealing the hole. I think that basic roof patch is a good thing to use here, and the less 5200 I have on the boat, the better I feel.


And now, to make myself a hypocrite, another project was to seal the seam in the wood at the base of the aft house. For this I used 5200 (yeah yeah..). I just don't think that roof patch or dolfinite would work well here, considering that it will be varnished over and I don't have access to the full faying wood surfaces, so I can't truly re-bed them now. So a good stick-um should be the ticket.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home