Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Wood work

Last night pushed the bounds of my wood working skills, making the dutchmen pieces for the boat.
My overall method was to try to cut as close as possible and then plane and chisel the block to shape. The first one went alright, but I think I need to get a small square and be more precise next time with my cuts.


Here's how it all turned out though, I have yet to shape the caulking bevel into the piece.


...using my sliding bevel to hold the piece up tight in the pocket. Again, using the smiley face to label outboard and upper faces.


I did a little work on the other pocket as well, but after I made a pretty gross measurement error, I decided that I was getting to scattered and it was time to stop work before it became frustrating. I've done a good job thus far making working on my boat fun, and I am not about to make it a burden by pushing myself over the edge mentally.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home