Friday, December 22, 2006

Silverware box

So, I made the silverware box out of some recycled ply from destroying the galley. It looks pretty crappy from the outside, but I believe that once it's finished, the inside will look good.

Once it was assembled, I mixed up some epoxy for fill in the gaps (to make up for my sloppy carpentry).



I still had plenty of thickened epoxy left over, so I decided to coat the whole inside with it... maybe make it more durable for utensil storage...

But I think that my epoxy being stored outside made it change chemically. I only had slow hardener, so I put the thing next to a space heater to aid in the cure. But, this morning its still a bit gooey...



I guess if it never cures, I'll just start over and build a better one from the get go. It will probably be all for the best.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home