Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Moving the table

Along with needing to move the outside of the stove hole out, I also needed to move the table attached to the other side out too.

Here's why:
Below you can see the 1 3/8" extra strip I put in to extend the wall. The table attaches to it, and what should be attached to the table is a drop leaf. The leaf will not fit as it is pictured, because the edge of it needs to hang around the edge of the wall a bit (more near where the quarter-round post is). So I ether needed to make the leaf narrower, or move it out with the table. I didn't make my decision until...


I saw that I needed to drill the bolt holes that hold on the table through the sheet metal for the heat shield. I decided to drill the new holes with all three layers in place so its much more likely to get everything to line up... and if I'm drilling new holes, might as well make them with the table further out.


So, I took the table off, remarked the holes, and drilled away. Simple.


Then buttoned it all back up. Nice project.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home