Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Chiminy Re-location

So, the next thing to do with the stove install is to get the smoke stack set up...

I am going to re-use the old stack and the deck block that levels out the top of the stack on the cabin top. So I ran my good putty knife around the edge to break the Sekaflex-like seal.


And unscrewed the fasteners from below (not before banging from above wondering what was still holding it on...)


And it pried up pretty easily. Luckily it was not totally bonded to the cabin with Sika. And the resulting hole. I have a 4" hole saw to cut the new hole (about 2' aft, closer to the stove) and I'm planning on using the plug cut out to patch this hole. Genius.



Hardware on the dock...


To keep the rain out for now, I put a jam container on the deck and hung a heavy flashlight from a string at the center to hold it on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home