Thursday, April 26, 2007

Expariments in luting...

Last night I luted (payed , but paying is really the primer on the cotton before the stopping goes on... I donno... I'll call it luting for now) the seams on the bow. I wanted to do some more experiments with it so I can get the seams to look better when the wood shifts with the seasons...

So I practiced cove seaming. Here are the tools set up...


That ring of bronze (leftover from the bolt making extravaganza) is what I used to cove the seams... I ran it over then after stuffing in the stopping with a knife, wiping it off with solvent every few feet or so.

Here is what the end product looks like... I left the over-flow parts on there to cure for a while, then I'll go back with a scraper and sandpaper to clean it all up...




We'll see how it goes...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home