Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Smokestack install!

So, yesterday I got the leveling block, deck ring, and the 'Charley Noble' in for the stove. Not too much to show, but I'll show what I've got.

Setting the ring on was a two person job, one topsides positioning and holding it while I drilled from below. After that, liberal application of roof patch was called for, then fastening down. I chose roof patch because 1. its cheap and 2. its connecting a sealed piece of wood to a glassed-over deck, so I see little linseed oil/wood preservative benefit to using Dolfinite.

Here it is all fastened down... black goop abound. I figure its easier to clean off excess than deal with a leak down the road and do it all over again.

And from above...


Then I installed the deck ring, sealed with roof patch as well (again, good for metal to sealed wood seam). I did a mild cleanup of the excess squeezed out, but I'm going to let it set up for a day of so before I rag it up with solvent (and harden up on the fasteners).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home