Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Minor stove work

Went to a show last night, but before I left I got a little bit of stuff done on the boat...

The cutting board that fits over the cook top extends too far into the galley... cutting off too much room. Instead of shortening it, I opted to cut a notch in it so it can go around the stovepipe, but still keep a good sized gap in the back to allow air to circulate.

Here is the marking out process with the carpenters' square:


Then the cuts. I first drilled the corners with a Forstner bit and connected the vertical parts with a back saw, then cleared out the hole with some big whacks with a 1" chisel.


Here is the fit. The cutout is only roughed out so far, I need to fair and square the faces more and put in the proper comber on the edges. Then I need to finish it with something bio-compatible...


Then I added a little flair to the boat. Cass had a Jagermeister she got for free from some bar thing... its really strange, but I got the wise idea that it would look cool on the stovepipe. Then we can use the antlers to hang towels and socks to dry! I think it looks neto, and gives the boat more character.



Hey, what do you expect from two young, punk-rock boat kids?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home