Monday, April 16, 2007

Holes in deck

As per the stove installation thread... here is the latest. I drilled the hole in the deck and epoxied the plug from that over the old hole.

The tool of death: 4" hole saw. This thing can kick!


All setup to drill the hole... at this point I already located the center of the hole and drilled a small hole from inside as a guide between the beams. The trash can is set up to catch all the saw dust that will be created... I don't want that all over my galley.


I got the hole drilled and I'm now getting ready to epoxy it into the leftover hole forward... here is the scheme I devised to keep the epoxy out of the boat, an epoxy spatula and lots of blue tape. It should release from the epoxies grip.


Gluing the plug form outside...


And a shot from below after the tape/spatula was removed... it makes a cool skylight.


Then I set up the same jam container on the new hole to keep the rain out until the chimney is fully operational (soon I hope).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home