Friday, July 07, 2006

Line locker and tool storage

In an attempt to further optimize the stowage situation on the boat, I took out the grating over the forward section of the pilot birth and made it a line locker and tool store.

The pilot birth has always presented a storage dilemma. It's a very useful place to store things beneath, but then they become fairly inaccessible, because one is also tempted to pile lots of stuff on top of it too. I have been thinking of creating some hanging line storage, so removing the birth cover and stringing a line across the hull seemed to fit the bill... and now I have a place to put all my tools in a single spot. I like the idea of having a utility locker, per-se.

Plus it puts more heavy stuff to stbd, helping even out the perpetual port list.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home