Thursday, August 24, 2006

Paint and prep

Yesterday Cass and I went to Fisheries Supply and got some paint for the topsides of the boat. I got a classic beige for the nonskid and deck color, and the red for the trim/highlight color. We are going to paint the inside of the footwell red, as well as the toerails, when they go on.


We also gave the cockpit a good scrub down in preparation for painting... here is what the bottom of the footwell looked like when we removed the grating.


After we were done, it looked much cleaner but I didn't get a picture. But trust me, it did.

Also, Cass got another coat of varnish on pretty much everything we've been coating lately, and the cabin side is looking better and better.


I can't wait to get the topsides another classy looking color other than the nasty off-yellow it came as...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home