Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Fuel metering valve

In preparation for the stove install, I need to move the fuel metering valve on my Bristol stove to the back of the stove. This is because I am installing it athwartships in the boat, and the stove is designed for fore-and-aft instalation. The valve meters the diesel by gravimetrically keeping the oil level in the valve body the same as the burn chamber. If the valve falls below the same level as the burn chamber, it will starve it for fuel. This would happen if the valve was still on the side of the stove and I was at a heavy starboard tack while cooking. By putting the valve on the back of the stove, I am keeping it in line with the chamber regardless of the heel.

Blah. Long description.

So, I removed the valve, and I now need to get more copper fuel line and swage fittings.

But, here is the removed business:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home