Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Upper Dutchman

So, for the previously mentioned pocket in the hull, I put in the second graving piece last night. It was interesting, given that it was dark at 5 pm, and Cass was holding the flashlight for me while I worked quickly in the cold to get the piece in. Luckily I had already done lots of the major shaping of the hole and the dutchman, so it went quickly.

It's basically the same dance that was done for the lower bit, but quicker and colder.

I decided to mix epoxy out of two MAS epoxy Double/Bubble packs.... much easier than mixing form WestSystem jugs.

I wedged it from below on the other dutchman.



Here is an idea of what it was really like out there... this is a picture without the flash, not an great work environment. Good thing I am moving on to inside projects.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home