Monday, April 30, 2007

Fixing cutting board

Among the trillions of things I did this weekend (there will be many more updates after this one to cover the work done), I re-cut the cutting board that goes over the stove to fit better.

Here is how it wanted to fit on the sea-rails with the old kerf cuts in the bottom... it is waaay to far out for comfort, I wanted to move it back (thus the cutout I did in the back to fit it around the smoke stack).


So I setup the circular saw to cut the kerf... with the guide clamped in place as so and the blade set to the right depth:


Here it is after cleaning it all up with a chisel...


And now the new fit, such that the front of the sea rails can pass in front of the board... now I just want to make a block for the back of the rails so it doesn't slide back against the hot smoke stack.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home