Monday, April 30, 2007

Preping trim

This weekend I also got a lot of the trim wood stripped, finish sanded and sealed. This included the cabin trim and roughly 18' of toe rails.

Here is the cabin trim all wooded:



Then I set them out and put a coat of sealer on them. They are going to be varnished, so the finish sanding was very thorough, down to 220.


I did the same treatment to some of the tow rail sections (port and stbd bow this time), but was not so anal on the wooding and finish sanding because they are going to be painted. But for the ease of removing the paint from the wood should I, or someone else, choose to varnish them (they are varnish quality mahagony), I sealed them as well.




There was also a crack in one of the scarf fingers that I took the time to epoxy while I had them out and ready...


Now, just ~50 more feet of toe rail to go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home