Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Caulking!

So, I finally get to the real caulking. Pretty fun... then your wrists start to kill from the funky angles. I would definitely get this done on the hard in a comfortable position for any major recaulking project. But I powered through it for this little job.

I primed the empty seam first with my own red lead primer, then set in the cotton. I am wearing a glove in the pictures just so I keep my hand with the iron from rubbing on the still tacky poison primer. After I caulked the seams, I primed over the cotton with two good coats of the red lead primier again.

Also, Cass deserves the photo credits for these.


My first seam!





Then it's just wash, rinse, repeat for however many feet you have to go. But I left the seams uncaulked and tails hanging where the refastening is needed and also at the soft spots.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home