Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Refastening progress...

So, the work has slowed a bit recently. This is mostly due to me trying to create a solid plan of action for the refastening. I been picking the brains of wooden boat gurus at CWB for advice, we'll see what conclusions I get. I also am going to be refastening the through bolts at the sheer clamp as well in that area, as they are in poor shape too.

But so far all the seams are payed, except for those that are around the work areas. I also chiseled out the punky wood in the area around the dead fastener holes and made the graving blocks to go in. The immediate next step is to get some epoxy filler and place the graving blocks in. Then fair them out and refasten.


For the refastening I am considering either piloting new fastener holes and placing in bronze screws (or maybe copper roving) or refastening in the original places but with ~3/8" trennels. I like the trennel idea, but it's a little trickier.


I only got one picture of the work done before my camera battery died. Here are the chisled out holes:


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home