Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Boo-ya!

So, after dreading trying to remove the wasted fasteners at the bow.... they came it without too much trouble. But they were totally f-ed. I had to clean out around the fastener a bit with a small screwdriver (read: improvised chisel) and then set the ViceGrips firmly around the head. Then with slow twisting and prying, they came out. I got three of the four I know need to go on this section, I left the other for after I get a decent chisel set with a ~1/4 one.

Then I am planning on chiseling out the countersunk holes (that were already gouged out from what looks like a previous attempt to remove the fasteners) to a nice square and set in small graving blocks with woodflour/epoxy. After that is set, I'll re-drill the planks for the new fasteners, which will probably go in the opposite diagonals as the originals, I believe that there is still a decent hunk of the old one still in the frame.

But getting the buggers out without too much grief was a welcome relief.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home