Thursday, July 13, 2006

Paying the seams

Because of the impending rain, I both rushed to cover as much of the open seams as possible with canvas tarps (which I have made quite a few of in different shapes for covering various boat sections) and also pay over the few still exposed ones as well. This also gives me the opportunity to test out the behavior of the Interlux seam compound.

Here are some shots of the payed seams. They don't look very fair, but give me a chance (plus I am starting with less than beautiful seams). I'm planning on attempting to sand the area around the seams later today to see how it holds up. I might go and fill the rest of them with the compound only part way, to insure a full cure of the stopping.

Also note the liberal use of red lead. I Definitely need to get a particle mask when sanding.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home