Monday, September 11, 2006

Finishing the fore hatch

I went to the hardware store that has a good bronze selection and bought some more necessary hardware that I'll need soon... I also got nice little bronze round heads for fastening the Plexiglas to the newly varnished hatch. The old ones were stainless, and I really didn't like how that looked. Bronze is much classier.


Long story short, I masked off the edges of the crack well, both top and bottom.


Then I squirted in some clear silicone sealant (3M marine) and fastened the glass over it. I then smoothed the fillet with my finger and ripped the tape. The best thing is is that the glass is bedded and you can totally still see the wood under the glass at the edges... better than having anything opaque in there! I love it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home