Monday, October 30, 2006

Fillets on the coaming

So, something that has been on the to-do list for some time has been cleaning up where the trailing 'wings' on the aft end of the coaming meet the deck. There has always been a bit of a gap there between the two, and it attracts a lot of dirt and crap.

So I thought a nice, quick project would be to put in a fillet in the space with some 5200.
I masked it off. You can see the ugliness in the junction.

There are also stains on the deck leftover from the varnishing frenzy I had this summer. I never really cleaned them up because I am going to repaint the deck soon anyway. These fillets are a step closer to that goal.

Then I goobed 5200 all over the place and used my finger (with a paper towel) to carve in the radius. Then, off with the tape, leaving a nice transition. Again, nevermind the nastiness on the deck, it will all be gone soon and look like the beautiful redone cockpit (see past posts).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home