Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Galley remodel

This weekend began the galley remodel for the stove. This is removing the old sink and making room for the new stove in its place.

Here is the beginning of the scene, with the sink already out.


I first removed the trim molding and started cutting away the p-lam top. I'm getting my dished dirty...


I'm learning about how the interior jointery is made in this boat as I go. Here is my nice little Japanese cats' paw coming in very handy pulling small ringshank nails in the countertop.


Then I removed the whole top, bit by bit. This is the first in a series of pictures of the jointery with my saw stuck in it.


Then I cut out the back panel after removing the middle shelf.


Then I marked the new level for the middle shelf, which will hold the stove at the correct height, and cut the front of the lapped paneling out just above the mark.


Leaving this...



Cleaning up a bit, I put the shelf back in and put some dishes away that had been spread about the cabin for the project...


This is when I noted that the space opened is not quite big enough for the stove and the heat gaps required... so I now need to work on moving the outer side of the box out another ~2" or so.

that's it for now... stay tuned for the rest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home