Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Patch progress

So, with the dutchman install, I let the epoxy cure, and now I just fair it and patch the seam with roof-patch (for the winter... temp fix, remember?).

Here is the rough fit wood. Man it looks bad. I don't like my boat looking like this...


The work zone in general...


After removing big chunks with my chisel, I plane it flush. I don't much care about absolute fairness, but I don't want too much of an eyesore on the side of the hull. You can also see the upper seam where the paying compound got all bunged up from the tape on the plastic patch. Crap.


Then I filled the gap with roof patch. Gloves make the best applicator. That's good stuff.

So now I have a ugly black streak on my hull where rot once was... waiting for the summer for the real fix.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home