Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Stove install work

I have been rebuilding from the destruction incurred last week... I am trying to widen the space for the stove, which means moving the inboard side of the counter out ~2".

So now with the lap-panel pieces that I cut from the front of the stove opening, I am making 1.75" boards for the extension. I disassembled the side and have fabbed up the wood. Here are the individual strips, none of the wood I have is long enough for the full back piece, but I want to use the same wood (I don't want to have to match the grain/hue). So I am jointing three pieces together to make the full length one.

Here are two of the individual bits. I am using this rabbet-ish joint... I am not super happy with how it looks on the outside, but I wanted to try this before I attempt an angled scarf. You can also see my super handy mini-square.


Then I glued them up (with no available clamps... this is probably a major contributor to the less-than-awesome look of the joints).


And here I am planning the boards to made them blend together... I was raining and damn cold out, so I am doing the work inside the cabin. More on this project soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home