Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Weekend work

This weekend was full of completed projects, despite the (very) rainy weather. I have to take some credit for this, having given myself a fairly ambitious to-do list most of which were completeable indoors. But here is a synopsis of the stuff.

First off, I went to Dunatos Second Wave and bought a used sink. As you may have read, I am putting in a diesel stove where the old sink is, and I am installing a new sink in the counter cutout where the Origo alcohol stove used to live. So the sink I bought was not the exact right size, but I think I will be putting in an inset storage box for silverware.

Here is a shot of the new sink with the extra gap visible. I also got the fittings for the drain and the drain hose. Now I just need to connect the drain to the existing drain hose to the seacock and that part will be done. But then I want to connect the faucet ASAP so I am not without a sink for long.

Here we have my two sinks. I want the other fully functional before I rip the old one out.


I also put in another bolt block on the bow for the refastening of the sheer plank. Same deal as before, but much faster.


And I made the necessary bolts.



Then I got to have some fun and work on a cool project for the boat. I have been using a grubby little scrap of carpet for a door mat on my engine hatch for over a year now and have been wanting to replace it for just as long. So, while waiting for the epoxy to cure up forward, I took some extra line and made myself a nice little ocean plat for the interior 'door mat'. Turned out very nice if I do say so...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home