Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Metal stove shielding

I also have been working on fabing up some metal for the head shielding surrounding the diesel stove. Last night I made measurements of the space and came up with a plan for the bending.


And I spend some quality time in the boat drawing out the plan on the metal itself, I had a 2'x3' sheet.

This morning, I took this large sheet of metal with me to work on the bus... that was interesting. Every time the bus went over a pothole, it was hard to not let a little bit of 'lightning' come out of the large, noisy sheet.

But, my friend in grad school, Obie, helped me cut and bend it. He has helped a lot with the metalworking projects on the boat, namely the chainplate covers (see one of the first posts I ever made here). With his help, we cut and bent the sheet to shape.


I'll post tomorrow with how it fits in the space...

2 Comments:

Blogger Kimber said...

man, eric, you get a crazy amount of hits on this blog!

hope your hand's healing up.

2:11 PM  
Blogger bott said...

thanks!

its healing very well... i'm going ot have a nie scar!

4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home