Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Deck painting trials

Last weekend, I began to prep parts of the deck for some new, nonskid paint. Pretty basic, just sand the crap outta it, rag off and paint... oh, and mask. Also, prey for no rain, which hosed up the second part of this story...

But the first bit went well. Sanding:


Masking... note the radius on the corners for the pro-touch:


And painting:



I let the first layer set up for two days (remember the last time I did this in the cockpit? If you overcoat too soon it is a total loss).

On Monday, I went at it again... right as I got done, it started to rain. Crap! The weather report said nothing till midnight, but oh well, get it covered!

So, with a random mix of Sunbrella scraps and canvas tarps, I covered the fresh paint as best i could... My boat looked like a refugee camp:



The rain that did get on it didn't hurt it too bad, and once I ripped the tape, everything looked pretty darn good!




I think I'll just need a few touch-ups here and there, but I think the majority of the work was saved. Phew.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home