Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Wooding the hull

So, this weekend, I started the rather large task of wooding the topsides. The old paint was coming off like a banana peel without much help from the heatgun... definately time to do this.

I have the new paint ready to go, and I'm sure as heck not going to put hundreds of dollars worth of paint on top of such a poor foundation... so, I'm stripping it all. I'm getting what I can at the dock and will be finishing the counter and near the waterline soon during haulout.

Note: yes, I had a tarp between the hull and the water keeping the peelings out of the water.

Here she is, verified as a woody, with sealer on:



Me, looking rather stressed out about the while proposition... hard work:



And in the evening with glazing applied to the hull:


Still lots more work to do!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home