Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Painting trim and nonskid

Last weekend, I got a lot of painting done.

First off, before getting the nonskid out, I painted some lines with the Brightsides so there will be a nice, seamless transition between the two textures.


I got the aft end of the cabing house done too with a nice, crisp line. I don't currently have any wood trim for that part (which I thought I had), so I made a clean line of paint to varnish to suffice for now.



And I painted another transition in gloss paint to go from the varnished coaming to the nonskid on the deck:


Then I preped out the aft deck with 60 grit on my RO sander... Here is a shot after that (with mostly the old deck paint):


Then I masked it off:


And painted. I did not paint the full side decks outboard of the coaming, because we were having people over to the boat and I knew we couldn't keep them off the fresh paint throughout the evening. What stuff that was vulnerable, I masked off with a little blue tape (even though someone still stepped in it later... crap).


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home