Friday, May 04, 2007

Coaming prep

Getting ready to paint the aft deck, I wanted to get the laz hatch coaming stripped and at least began the re-varnishing before the deck paint went down...

So a couple of days ago I did that... Here is the initial tear-in on the wood.


After scraping the old varnish off and sanding with 60 grit... it became apparent that the old Sekaflex around the coaming, sealing it to the deck was going bad, so I tore that all off and re-sealed it with roof patch. It is a bit of an experiment, but I think that the tar will do the job just fine, and much cheaper than 5200. With a good masking job, it looks just great:


Looking into the abyss:


I also stripped and sanded some more trim wood... here is the aft toerail board and the forward cabin trim (it started raining before I got sealer on them, so I took them inside):

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home